Thursday, December 22, 2016

The damn dam reformed.

     Like constipation, writer's block causes someone to just sit there and sit there, with nothing emerging (thank the Golden Girls for that joke). Hopefully, when something does emerge, they don't have the same characteristics. But I disgustingly digress.
     I'm blogging on a few blogs tonight to try to break something loose. So far, I'm coming up with setting ideas and alien species ideas, but little to no narrative ideas.

     'Across the Multiverse' is science fiction at it's base, with magic and psionics as accents. As I've said before, the concept of somewhat the love-child of Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons. And I'm the type of science fiction writer who would make sure the science theories are strong, then go from there. Questions come to mind like "Could a gas giant's earth-sized moon have a moon of its own?" "Could a red giant have a planet with vegetation?" And I Google things, then get distracted, and Google more things.
     So, my writing process is, as they say, like a monkey fucking a football; a lot happens, but nothing gets accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment